Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Anniversary II

Here's how we spent our wonderful day. That's how Ryan wanted me to start this post. We had an absolute blast on our anniversary. The weather was perfect (mid 70s) and we used it to our advantage. I luckily had the day off and Ryan was done by 1. We decided to go on a picnic to a local park. We had a real picnic basket and we just chilled outside for awhile. Tucson parks aren't what you normally think of when you picture parks. The grass is more prickly and not usually green. The park we found was as good as we were gonna get. It was still just fun to be together and outside on such a beautiful day. I'm not sure we're ever going to have this nice of weather on our anniversary anywhere else.









We decided to stick with tradition and get each other "paper" presents for the first year. I got Ryan a really nice leather journal. Ryan got me "The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands" by Dr. Laura. It was something I asked for-I had it before, but lost it on our honeymoon.
After the picnic we decided to go cash in our change jar. We wanted to spend all the money that was in it. We went to my store to get our money-$25.72 is what we had. Ryan thought it would be fun to go to DI and see what they had for us. We found a really old fashioned video camera for $10. It's super little and heavy. We got it for a fun decoration. After scavenging through a picked over DI for anything else, we decided to spend the rest of our money at the dollar store next door. We got some candy and some other random items that we needed. We also rented 1408 from Blockbuster to watch that night. Here's what we brought home from our anniversary shopping spree.

8 comments:

Kent and Leisy said...

way to splurge guys!

Rachel said...

You guys are so creative! Sounds like a really fun day together!

Heather said...

How fun are you guys?! So creative. And I love that you guys actually did the traditional paper gift thing. We forgot all about it.

Anonymous said...

Sounds pretty fun to me! I love that whatever you two do together it is fun creative. I love and miss you both. -Mommas-

Jacki said...

SCHUYLER!!! Oh my gosh, I love you! My long lost roomie. Drop me an email so I can invite you to my blog. jackiann3@hotmail.com

Jord said...

I love that you stuck with the traditional gifts....or gifts of any sort for that matter! Ryan- I am going to respond to your email. Someday. Soon.

Scott and Alison said...

Stinkin cute idea!!
For our first anniversary we went to Lagoon and then to a REALLY fancy dinner at this super nice place, and we were all sunburned and tired. Then we stayed at this hotel that we had a free stay at. It was fun, but for our 2nd anniversary we're planning something MUCH more simple! haha

And yeah, I know what you mean about Stephenie's writing. She uses the same metaphors and adjectives all the time. But it's easy to overlook.

I dunno, maybe I will read Harry Potter. Although I don't think I can after Twilight...haha

Schofields said...

YEAH!!! Congratulations! Glad your first year has been such a good one! Look forward to seeing you...hmmm, maybe summer '09?!

Take Care,

Diane Schofield

P.S. Did you guys ever get that audiology book from my dad?