Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Birthday

I would first like to dedicate this post to my good friend, Katie Glazier. Thanks for making me feel guilty and making me post. I will try to post more often for you Kate, just so you can blog stalk me. Just know that I'm expecting to see a blog from you someday soon...

It's true, I had a birthday this past Sunday. Pretty sure I'm not too excited to be 26. Actually, it scares me more then ever. I'm officially getting old. I'm closer to 30 than I've ever been. I'm still not sure how I feel about it. Ryan did a great job trying to make it special. It was on a Sunday which is the worst day for a birthday. The fact that I had to work made it even worse. But after work and church were over, it was time for the birthday celebration to begin. It was a really fun night with way too many presents from Ryan (not that I'm complaining), a beautifully made layered cake (I didn't even help) and Richie, Angie and Mylie came over to enjoy it with us. Overall it was a success, but I don't want another birthday for a really long time.

10 comments:

Megs said...

Happy Birthday Shoop!!!I hope you have an absolutely amazing and...slow moving year ahead of you! You look wonderful!

Scott and Alison said...

Shoeler! I sent you an email but in case you didn't get it, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
And as someone who's been 26 for 7 months now, I can tell you...we're old. ha ha
I'm glad your birthday was a success!!
Love ya!

Jord said...

Yea! Happy birthday to you and don't ever complain about too many presents. Just enjoy them and hope they keep coming!

Swa said...

Hey Happy Birthday! Love ya!

Olsen's said...

Happy Birthday!! Serious you have to have a birthday in order to post!!! Glad you had a good day and I hear ya in 4 months I hit the big 26!! Post more often you lil slacker!! Oh and your cake with rainbow chip frosting looks soo good!! My favorite frosting ever!

Unknown said...

Yay!! Thanks for the post! So what did you get? Talk to you sometime when something exciting happens...

Mommas said...

Don't worry, you don't have to have another birthday for a whole year! And, just so you know, life can get better as you get older. It has been so much fun being with you this last little while.
Love you Much!
Mommas

Schofields said...

Happy Happy Birthday! Glad it was a good one!

Steven & Diane

Rachel said...

I'm glad you had a good birthday! It was so fun to be with you guys at the river and I can't wait to stay at your place soon!

Unknown said...

Just stumbled across your blog, and wanted to say hi. Ryan and I grew up together...I think he gave me a red and blue snoopy wallet for my 6th birthday. :D Anyway, tell him hi for me, and it's nice to meet you.