Saturday, May 7, 2011

Lastest Obsession

My latest obsession is couponing. I'm addicted. I've been watching that Extreme Couponing show on TLC and was converted. I've always liked the idea of coupons, but I never used them to their full advantage. I think I'm still working on that. Unfortunately, I live in a state where double and triple coupons are not accepted. But if they were, I'd be all over it.

This is a picture of my shopping trip from yesterday. I purchased more than just this, but these were my big savings. In this pic, the total retail price would be about $51 at Wal-Mart. With ad-matching, store coupons and manufacturer's coupons, I paid $11.84. I think that's a pretty good deal. And it's really fun to see if you can find the best savings possible. Another good thing is that we eat/drink all those items- except the Sierra Mist. We don't drink much soda, let alone buy it at the store. But it was free. You hear me? FREE. I couldn't pass it up. I figured if we gave it away, it'd be worth it.
Just to break it down even more, the cereal was $.49 a box, the Fuze drinks were free, and the Sun Chips were $1 a bag. Ryan's favorite chip and I could afford to get him more than 1 bag at a time. Those things are expensive!

I'm excited to keep scouring out the deals and finding items we love for dirt cheap prices. I'll let you know if I have any more cool finds!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I could definitely learn more about using coupons effectively. We'll have to talk details!

Rachel said...

Way to go Schuyler! I love good deals!

Anonymous said...

UT-UT-UT-UT-UT-UT-UT-UT-UT-UT