Saturday, March 26, 2011

Crafts

Since I'm home more, I have been having a blast working on lots of crafts. I love that I have more time and that I can actually finish a project. It's always nice to have something else to do besides cleaning the house constantly. I'm not really that good, my ideas are ALWAYS better than the final outcome, but it's still fun. So, I thought I'd share some of the things that I've been working on.



This is a Christmas Calendar that I made. The boxes on there are matchstick boxes- not sure what I'm going to do with all those matchsticks. I covered them with paper and they slide open to put a treat inside or whatever you would like! They're on a magnetic board, so as we countdown, we can just take the box off.






This is what I made to hold our Christmas cards. I never know what to do with all the ones we get, so I saw this crafty idea. I got some cheap frames from a second hand store, spray painted them white. Then I ran some necklace wire throughout them for the cards to hang off. The cards are held onto the wire with clips.


This is what I made my parents for their Christmas present. It's a star photo album. When you first get it, it looks like any other album, but...

you can open it up and display it as a star. It's made all from scrapbook card stock and was surprisingly simple to make. And it looks way cool.


I found these gems at a second hand store for $1 each, I thought it'd be fun to decorate them...


I just painted them red and Mod Podged on some scrapbook paper and there you go! Not too exciting, but I think they're fun:)

Last but not least, I also found these little boxes at a second hand store and wanted to see what I could do with them...

I turned them into a picture frame. I spray painted them white, and then decorated them up with scrapbook paper and such. The pictures can come out, so I'm not stuck with the same pictures forever. My only regret is that I didn't paint them an off-white color. These are in my kitchen above the cabinets and the white is so bright compared to my brown cabinets, but it's not like we'll live here forever:)


My next projects all involve a sewing machine... I just need to read the instructions and figure it all out. I want to make us Christmas stockings and Rhys a quiet book. Oh and I am still working on Rhys' never ending scrapbook!! Hopefully, I'll have more projects to share soon.

6 comments:

Beth said...

Wow Schuyler! You are WAY crafty! They all look awesome! I especially love the last one- the picture frames. So cool!

Angie said...

Awesome! Love them all. I am itching to do crafts but haven't done any at all lately!

Katie said...

I love them! I wish we could work on stuff together and pool ideas. I have the hardest time coming up with things I want to do and have every ambition to be terribly creative and chic, but it never works out the way I imagine.

Jord said...

Cute stuff! You're totally crafty and I'm excited to see what you sew up soon.

Rachel said...

You are pretty amazing. I don't do crafty stuff and so I am amazed at people who do, and do it well!

Moeller Family said...

Hey there! Can't believe how big your little man is! Also didn't know you had a crafty side- nice work! :)