Friday, September 10, 2010

Iowa Trip

For my birthday last month, Ryan said I could take a trip to Iowa with Rhys. We both really wanted Rhys to meet his Grandpa Schofield and thought that it would be a fun trip for us. So, a few weeks ago, Rhys and I hopped a plane in Vegas and sped off to Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Rhys did absolutely great on both plane rides.I was so nervous on our first flight because I had never flown with a baby before. I could just see him screaming and freaking out and being bored the whole time. He slept most of the way on the plane ride to Iowa. I was especially worried about his ears during take off and landing. Those were the only times he would not suck on anything. I tried a bottle, a binky (which was in vain because he just licks binkies) and nursing. Nothing would get him to suck. But he didn't act bothered by his ears, so I figured it would be ok. We had an amazing flight home. Rhys slept the whole plane ride (in my arms) and the whole time in the car on the ride home. Granted the flight was at 9 PM and we didn't get home until 2 AM, but still. I was very proud of him.:)

We didn't do anything too exciting in Iowa. We just hung out with Grandma and Grandpa. Grandma spoiled Rhys as much as she could (and as much as would fit in my suitcase). She even taught him this new game, where you hang off her legs upside down. He absolutely loved it. If she put him back on her legs to lay down, he would kick off her stomach until he was arched off her knees.
He even liked to suck his thumb upside down.
Whenever my dad would walk into the room, Rhys would just stare at him. He would follow him with his eyes wherever my dad went. If Rhys was on the floor, he would arch his back and head so he could see my dad. Even if it was upside down, he was always looking at Grandpa. While there, I was able to look through my parents old pictures that I've only seen once before, ever. That was a blast. I also had to clean out all my old stuff that I left in my room when I moved out. My parents are planning on moving (to Vegas!!) sometime and are really starting to clean up their house and figure out what they want to bring with them. I was also able to visit with some of my high school friends. It was fun introducing them to Rhys and catching up on their lives.
My parents loved having Rhys around and still tell me they miss hearing his squeals. He was a great baby on the trip. The only bummer about the trip was that Ryan wasn't there. I've decided I'm never doing that again. I can't be away from Ryan for that long. We both had a hard time with it. Next time, Ryan's coming:)
Just reading my book on Mom's bed
Playing with toys that Grandma bought (this is right before bed and we swaddle him so we didn't put him in pjs because it was really hot in Iowa)
I love this pic because he's holding onto the side of the bucket...
I guess I should of known it was because he wanted to suck on the whole bucket, not just a little toy. That's too easy.

No comments: