Tuesday, July 13, 2010

3 Months

Our Rhys is now 3 months old. He is just getting more fun as each day passes. He is becoming so much more interactive. He is usually in a great mood and is super smiley. I love to just talk to him and get his little reactions. He will almost always react when we talk to him and play with him. It feels great to finally be validated. He loves to play peek-a-boo. He is making new noises everyday. He's starting to get the idea of reaching for things. If I hold a rattle in front of him, he'll go for it eventually. You can tell he's thinking about it, but he's still a little shaky on grabbing it. Of course, anything that lands in his fingers, goes directly to his mouth. Last night I held my hand in front of his face and I saw him following it with his eyes. Without any hesitation, he just grabbed one of my fingers. I'm so proud:) I'm pretty sure I'll think him grabbing at things won't be cute for long... when he's trying to get everything in sight. But for now it's fun.
He's also getting a lot stronger. I've always felt that he's been pretty strong, but now I'm not as worried about his head falling back anymore. He can hold it up pretty well. It still gets wobbly sometimes, but not too bad. His leg are strong and he uses them a lot. He is constantly pushing off anything his feet touch. He is wiggly little guy and I'm a little nervous about it to be honest. At church I was talking to a girl who has a baby 5 days younger than Rhys. She was changing her babies diaper and her baby was just laying there as still and calm as can be. I couldn't even imagine that. If we lay Rhys down, he is constantly moving. He will never just lay there when we change his diaper... he always has to be moving or looking around. He's going to be a curious little kid I have a feeling.

He's getting bigger. And by bigger, I mean heavier. He's not a very chunky baby, but I can feel him getting heavier. We think he's around 13 pounds. He's just now fitting perfectly into his 0-3 month size clothes. Some are going to be too short soon, but they fit great on his body.






It's just amazing to see him grow and learn new things everyday. I love it!!





And here's some video for the Grandmas or anyone else who wants to see it. The first one is longer and it's what Rhys does everytime we lay him on his changing table. It's pretty much his favorite place in the house... Even though he catipulted himself off of it a month ago.




The second video is just him talking with Daddy. If he sees the camera, he stops performing, so that's why they're at side angles. Enjoy!!






2 comments:

Katie said...

I love him. Those videos are too adorable. Can't wait to see you guys again, whenever that may be!

Mommas said...

Way, way, way cute! Ryan was a wiggler too. Son't worry. LOVE HIM!