Saturday, March 20, 2010

Las Vegas!!

For our third anniversary, Ryan and I decided to take a quick little trip down to Vegas. We figured it was probably the last time we'd be able to get away like this. Last weekend, we packed up and drove the whole 2 hours to Vegas. We went down Friday night and spent time with my brother and his family. It was a blast seeing them, as always. We stayed the night with them and had a leisurely morning just chilling at their house.
In the afternoon, Ryan and I headed for the strip. We got a room at the Monte Carlo and tickets to see Lance Burton, Master Magician. We walked around the strip for a little bit, got something to eat and then relaxed in our room. I just can't walk as much as I used to. Lance Burton was great. Well, it was a little cheesy, but we didn't mind attending a family oriented show in Vegas. To give him credit, we couldn't figure out how he did any of his tricks. The whole time, I kept thinking I was paying attention really hard and knew what was coming, but still, the guy fooled me. So, good job Lance for an entertaining show.

The next day we stayed in the hotel until we had to check out, stopped at the buffet and then headed home. It was a nice, relaxing trip that we both needed and wanted. Ryan kept saying that it felt like we had been gone longer than a day. That's when you know it was a good trip!!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm glad you guys could get away one more time before Little Mister arrives. I am so excited to meet him!!!

Jord said...

Fun trip! Nice that you could get away alone for one last time. Good luck with the birth, etc. and let me know when your little guy arrives.

Mommas said...

Good times! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks! Love you so!