Monday, January 18, 2010

Baby Bedding

As Ryan and I prepare for our little one, we've been doing lots of shopping and making decisions on what we need. The one thing that we're having a hard time deciding on is the baby bedding. I realize that the bedding is mostly just for us. It doesn't really matter to the baby. I just want a cute nursery and one that doesn't look feminine. With boy bedding, a majority of it is sport and animal themed. Both of which, I've never been too crazy about. I've also toyed with the idea of my mom making us a bedding set, but I cannot find any fabric that I like. We've decided to just buy something that's cute. So, I need help. We've narrowed it down to 2 different bedding sets. They are completely opposite.


The first one is a classic boy bedding set. It looks classy and nice and I think it screams boy. Plus, it would look great in the espresso colored crib we have. It also wouldn't be too hard too coordinate with because it's pretty simple.
This picture is courtesy of Babybeddingtown.com

The next one is an animal, sports theme. Here's the deal. I thought I hated the animal or sport theme idea until I saw this bedding in Babies R Us. It's animals playing sports. Ryan loves it because it's two of his favorite things. And after seeing this set in person, the picture does not do it justice. We both really like this set too. And it would be really easy to coordinate with because animal and sports are everywhere!

So, we can't decide. We need input. There is only a $10 difference in price, so that's not a big deal. We just don't know what kind of bedding we want. What do you think?

As for the pregnancy, it's still going well. I'm now 29 weeks (seven months) and in the third (and last) trimester. I feel the baby move constantly and I love seeing my stomach do weird unnatural movements from him. It's such a fun time to have this little life inside of me. I'm starting to feel more pain in my lower back and sitting in a chair for long periods of time gets more and more uncomfortable. I almost died by the end of church yesterday. Good thing I have a job that requires me to be on my feet a lot. That may also have something to do with the fact that sitting isn't as comfortable for me. Besides that, everything is going well.


I'm amazed at how fast it has gone by. It's going to come up so fast. I feel like we have so much left to do before the baby comes. Hopefully we'll get everything ready in time.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

You look TOO cute as a pregnant girlie! Wish I could REALLY see you prego!
I'm with you on the classic blue and brown, although I believe I've seen the animal/sports on in person and it is completely adorable too!

Swa said...

LOVE them both! Even though I'm not a huge fan of characters, it would be fun because there are so many colors (to paint walls with and stuff) and you wouldn't just be tied down to one or 2 colors to try to decorate with. And I agree with Angie, you are such a cute pregnant lady! And, we're coming down over Presidents Day weekend with the rest of Utah for the Parade of Homes so we should get together for dinner or something! I can finally give you back your Friends DVD after almost 5 long years. Thoughts?

Katie said...

I think you can guess my vote. That said, if you actually like the animal/sports one, and Ryan loves it, you should go for it. It is pretty cute. I think it's important for the dads to have as much input and feel as involved as they possibly can be. And I also went with something with lots of colors because it's much more flexible. You are so cute with your belly! And I'm glad you are enjoying having him in there. Isn't it fun? Keep the updates and pics coming! Love them! Oh, and push for Denver!!! It is so the place to be and we'd have so much fun together.

April Garvin said...

I like the blue one...

Rachel said...

Both sets are very cute, but I like the blue one best! I love the stage of pregnancy where the baby moves and your stomach does bizzare things! I miss that! Anyway, I need that list from you. I'm excited to see you in March!

Olsen's said...

Both sets are adorable, but if I had to choose one I would choose the Blue/Brown. BTW when is your due date? I might be vacationing in St. George over Easter so that would be cool if you had him so I could come meet the little guy. I'll let you know for sure and if you guys are free maybe we could go to Lunch or Dinner one day. And you look so cute!

Olsen's said...

Both sets are adorable, but if I had to choose one I would choose the Blue/Brown. BTW when is your due date? I might be vacationing in St. George over Easter so that would be cool if you had him so I could come meet the little guy. I'll let you know for sure and if you guys are free maybe we could go to Lunch or Dinner one day. And you look so cute!

Mommas said...

A new post HURRAH! I have been wanting to see a picture of you pregnant. Actually I have been wanting to see YOU in person. I miss you both so much. As for the bedding, I liked the picture of the blue and brown best at first, but as I thought about it, I think the baby will enjoy the animals more as he gets a little bigger, and it is adorable. SO my vote is for the athletic animals!

Unknown said...

I love the blue/brown. I love simple. But both are cute. You look so great and I can't believe you're already 7 months! How exciting!

Jord said...

I am so late to comment on this, but would actually choose the animal print. It gives you more decorating options for the entire room. You look great and I hope you're feeling well!

Unknown said...

I like the blue and brown if you haven't already picked something. I love the pictures of your house. You have great taste. I know your nursery will be so cute! Congrats to you both!

Emily

Unknown said...

Beautiful Baby Gifts and Toys, Quality Baby Bedding Ranges including Cot Quilts, Baby Cot Bumpers. Quick Delivery. Gift Wrap Service.





baby bedding uk