Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Steve's Tucson Adventure

This past weekend we were pleased to have a super fun visitor. After 2 long years, we finally got to see Steven Tuitupou again. It was a blast to have him come stay with us and to reminisce about the olden days. We tried to entertain him and show him around the hot spots of Tucson- we weren't very successful, but we did have a good time!
On Friday, we all took him down to Nogales, Mexico. We thought we should show him how close we live to the border and let him use his Spanish a little bit! It seems like Ryan had more fun than the rest of us.













Ryan decided to get his hair cut while we were there... we were all nervous, but she did a great job! And it was cheaper than the US.


Ryan also decided he wanted to pose with a donkey. They have a lot of little tourist money makers down there and Ryan gave into to the pressure. Of course we got ripped off. I guess we learned our lesson. I think it was worth the pictures.





After walking around Nogales for a little bit, we went to eat at a restaurant called La Roca. It's located right on the side of the mountain. It's pretty cool to go to. We took pictures in a little courtyard you have to walk through to get to the restaurant.










The next night we went to a Sidewinders baseball game. They're the minor league team for the Diamondbacks up in Phoenix. It was way too cold that night for a baseball game...
We also had to introduce Steve to Guitar Hero...



We had a great weekend! We miss Steve already. You better come back and visist us soon Steve!

6 comments:

Jord said...

What a fun visit! Steve looks the same and I'm glad he could come down and see you all. It looks like you showed him a good authentic time.

Rachel said...

Isn't it fun to have Steve back? I'm glad he got to spend some time with you guys. Looks like you had a blast as always!

Olsen's said...

Looks like lots of fun!! I'm going to have to come down and visit! I love Guitar hero!

Sterling, Wendy, Brooklyn, and Trevor said...

That sounds so fun. Good to hear you had a great weekend! By the way, I tagged you. You can look at my blog to see what I mean.

Mommas said...

What fun to see Steve again, even if it was only in pictures - which were great, by the way. I wish I could have been there too, but it was good to see Ryan and Richie on Saturday. I did miss you, Schuyler.

Much love to you all!

Heather said...

For some reason, I didn't realize how close you guys are to Mexico. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

Also, I've been thinking a lot about your family after seeing all the flooding in Iowa. I hope everyone's okay!